Saturday, June 4, 2011

In Pursuit of the Dream Job

Through the process of planning my own wedding, my dream job was finally realized: weddings. To be involved in the wedding industry, I decided, would be the ultimate creative endeavor. Upon moving to Portland I decided to pursue a degree in Art Practices to educate myself in all areas of art and design with the goal of discovering how I would best fit into this limitless industry: graphic design? printmaking? cakes? photography? design? flowers? coordinating? business owner? You name it, I've thought about it. Now with the bulk of my degree behind me, and an internship in front of me, I can say that I am 98% sure that being a Wedding Planner is for me. As I anticipate the next stage of my life (graduating among other things) I am left wondering what do I do now? I have learned a ton from my college career but am ready for more. I am stuck in this place of knowing what I want, but wondering how on earth I get there. I have decided that while I'm still in school and working, journaling and researching is one of the most useful ways to spend my time.

Which brings me to the purpose of this blog. This blog is my outlet, my creative space, my journal of sorts. It is an online supplement to the physical sketchbook I have sitting right here next to my computer; a place for me to document what I'm learning, and what I'm seeing in hopes that the good stuff will stick and I'll be a more successful Planner for it. So here we go, I'm diving in, and you're more than welcome to join me for the ride. Here's to all things weddings...

No comments:

Post a Comment